- Make sure you only have the target printer (ie: the one you wish to reset) connected to your computer and turned on.
- Try selecting the specific port that your target printer is connected on rather than “Auto Select” (Via “Settings” button in AdjProg utility)
- Use Compatibility Mode as Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Try to change the driver / resetter to another type, like L200 for L100 printer, etc
- This option is a last ditch attempt if all else fails (This method sometimes works around any power saving or similar issues that stop the printer communicating properly) :
- Prepare everything for resetting (ie: input key, etc…)
- Turn printer off, wait 5 seconds and turn printer on
- Wait 2 or 3 seconds then try to reset waste ink counter